Are Trusts the Answer to the Changing Nature of Schools?
Schools & Academies Show London 2023
Trust & Trustees Theatre | Are Trusts the Answer to the Changing Nature of Schools?
Our expert panel joined the Trust & Trustees Theatre during the Schools & Academies Show London 2023 to discuss the role of academies, trusts and MATs in the ever-changing educational landscape and whether they are equipped to find solutions to the current challenges facing the wider sector.
The session revolved around the following key points:
- How has the pandemic and cost of living crisis affected the core function of schools?
- Can schools adapt to new demands whilst focusing on the key mission of their setting?
- Should trust resources be allocated for non-teaching and learning purposes?
- Sir Andrew Carter K.B.E, CEO, South Farnham Educational Trust
- Bushra Nasir CBE DL, Chief Executive Officer, Drapers Multi-Academy Trust
- Dr Trevor Male, UCL Centre for Educational Leadership, Institute of Education
- John Murphy, Chief Executive Officer, Oasis Community Learning
- Rowena Hackwood, CEO, Astrea Academy Trust
- Professor Lindsey Macmillan, Professor of Economics, University College London
You can now access the session on-demand below and listen at your convenience!