The Sector Responds: The SEND Review in Review
Our expert panel joined the SEND Theatre at the Schools & Academies Show London in April 2022 to discuss the SEND Review and what it means for the education sector.
This panel discussion focuses on the following key points:
- Have the delays to the review improved it’s understanding of the sector, or watered it down?
- Is the review supporting improvements to the system or is it opening the door to unnecessary reforms?
- How will transparency and accountability be handled under the new implementation of SEND provision?
- Bart Shaw, Head of Policy, Centre for Education and Youth
- Emmanuel Awoyelu, Assistant Head Teacher, Eastbury Community School
- Frances Akinde, Headteacher, Rivermead Inclusive Trust
- Mrunal Sisodia, Co-Chair, National Network of Parent Carer Forums
- Chair: Tania Tirraoro, Founder & Co-Director, Special Needs Jungle
You can check out our blog to find more useful speaker sessions, blogs and podcasts tailored to your role and interests.
Want to be a part of our next show? Register your interest to join us at the NEC, Birmingham on17th November below 👇