The State of School Governance
Our expert panel joined the Leader's Town Hall at the Schools & Academies Show in London 2022 explore the state of school governance following the impact of the pandemic and what the governor workforce looks like across the country.
The panel session focuses on the following key areas:
- Has the role of Governors and Trustees changed due to the challenging past two years?
- Is there need for a professionalisation of the role, with adequate training
- Should the Department play a role in this?
- Are School governors prepared for schools to transition to academies?
- Are School governors held accountable enough for their schools?
- Emma Perkin, Co-Founder, Trust Governance Professionals
- Hannah Stolton, CEO, Governors for Schools
- John Fowler, Policy Manager, LGIU
- Nicola West Jones, Head of Market Research, The Key
- Sharon Warmington, Founder, National Black Governors Network and National Association of School and College Clerks
- Chair: Andy McHugh, Teacher and Editor, HWRK Magazine
You can check out our blog to find more useful speaker sessions, blogs and podcasts tailored to your role and interests.
Want to be a part of our next show? Register your interest to join us at the NEC, Birmingham on17th November below 👇