Unwrapping the Academisation Process – Finance
Unwrapping the Academisation Process - Finance
Stephen Mitchell, CEO, Keystone Knowledge joined us as part of the Schools & Academies Show Extra to discuss the main financial challenges and problems facing schools during the process of converting from a maintained school into an academy. Stephen goes into detail on the processes and workflows that schools need to work through to ensure it is as smooth as possible for all concerned.
The session covers the following topics:
- Creating a funding agreement.
- Creating a bank account for your new academy and agreeing a closing balance.
- The role of your accounting officer, chief financial officer and external auditors.
- The responsibility of the trust in registering insurance and the options available
- Submitting your financial returns and your support grant expenditure certificate.
You can watch the the full session on demand below!