What’s to Come for Schools Funding?
This panel discussion was featured on the Main Stage at the Schools & Academies Show London in April 2022, exploring the future of schools funding in light of the Schools White Paper.
The session focuses on the following key areas:
- What additional funding will be needed to fight the still on-going effects of the pandemic on the school system?
- Beyond the adequacy of the National Funding Formula, a medium-term vision is needed to reassess the status of the sector after the influx of emergency funding
- Assessing the current effectiveness of funding and what is available for schools to plug the gaps in their budgets
- Equity within a trust: the effects of re-distributive models
- Alison Moon, Trust Business Manager & Company Secretary, Veritas Multi-Academy Trust
- Julia Harnden, Funding Specialist, ASCL
- Stephen Morales, CEO, ISBL
- Tom Goldman, Deputy Director, Funding Policy Unit, Department for Education
- Rachel Sylvester, Political Editor & Chair, The Times & the Times Education Commission
You can check out our blog to find more useful speaker sessions, blogs and podcasts tailored to your role and interests.
Want to be a part of our next show? Register your interest to join us at the NEC, Birmingham on17th November below 👇