Environmental Sustainability: Quick Wins and Building for the Future
Schools and Academies Show · 1 minute read
We were proud to have this timely session at the Schools & Academies Show London, which looked into environmental sustainability across the education sector.
The challenge of climate change is a growing concern worldwide and as school leaders and staff we must endeavor to respond to the climate crisis to improve school premises and educate pupils on this matter. There are several actions we can take to achieve this objective.
In this session our expert speakers go into more detail and discuss the following key areas:
Social Justice, Wellbeing and Sustainability: can you have one without the others?
Pupil protests and how schools may react
Developing a sustainable minded culture in your setting
Starting with your climate action planning now
- Henry Greenwood, Founder and Managing Director, Green Schools Project
- David Morris, CEO, Heart Academies Trust
- Maya Bahoshy, Head of Impact & Engagement, ThoughtBox Education
- Emma Knights OBE, Chief Executive, The National Governance Association
- Chair: Paul Edmond, Chief Financial Officer, HEART Academies Trust